Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Free Realms Thunder Speedway

Free Realms Thunder Speedway delay...again. Pex just confirmed that the update for the race cart and demo derby did not go in as scheduled for this Mon. or Tues.
When can we expect it?
Well, today is Wednesday, so if not tonight then I suspect it will go in tomorrow or next week. Pex confirmed that they will not do a big patch like this over the weekend due to minimal support int he office on the weekends, so I'm guessing at this point it will go in next week on Mon. or Tuesday. But, fingers crossed, it may go in tonight.
I'm guessing as soon as it goes in we will see a lv. 20 demo derby and lv. 20 race cart by the weekend. Two days tops for someone to max out these jobs. Since I work, I know it will not be me :)

In other FR news, we received confirmation that in August/Sept we will see another huge update, like the Summer Sizzler update, centered around the soccer/football profession. This should be fun, and I hope they have some type of team tournament ala FIFA Cup (World Cup)for guilds and clubs to compete for.

And, the Free Realms Comic was released today in stores. In the comic on page 28 is a unique code to use for the Spider Bite lv. 20 Ninja Sword.

Now a few things here...

One: Sony obviously made this sword a ninja sword to entice folks to sign up for the membership so they can use this sword. I wish it were just a regular sword so ALL could use it, but hey that's marketing for ya.

Two: I was under the impression that the comics would have a code to redeem for a Live Collection quest. In other words, 1 code per comic all added up if redeemed to claim an uber in game item. Anyways, that's how I perceived it to be.

Three: These comics should come in a plastic bag because anyone can go in, open the comic, turn to page 28 and write down the code and redeem it with out having to buy the comic. Thus your comic code will be already used. The comic with code is an excellent idea, but poor design. I suspect future comics will be released in a bag to protect the codes.

I have not got my copy of the comic yet, but plan to go get a few tomorrow at my comic shop That's Entertainment.

I'll pick up extra copies and if anyone wants one I'll send one to them for cost + S/H. Just click on the PayPal Donate button. It will ask for $6.00 (3.99 for comic + S&H 2.01).
Comic will come bagged and boarded and be in Mint condition.
If I get enough orders I'll do this every month for the new comic releases in the series...













Thanks you for viewing my Blog, and check back daily for updates on Free Realms and Everquest.

No comments:

Post a Comment