Thursday, July 30, 2009

Free Realms Thunder Speedway !!

Well, Well, Well...
Seems my prediction of the Free Realms Demo Derby and Race Kart update going in next week were a little off the mark. I figured since they had delayed it twice so far, that they would delay it again and it would go early next week. But they have suprised me and did the update last night. So, they big delay was to smash some bugs in the update before release, but I still think they have a ways to go yet...

For starters, the quests to beat the NPC in a race a pretty tough. I mean you have to be johnny-on-the-spot with the brakes and gas and know the race track inside and out to actually win this quest. Unless you buy some S.C. with some real life $$ to get the faster cart. Hehe, leave it to SoE to make a quest super hard to beat, but then offer an easy win with the purchase of a new cart from the S.C. store.
Maybe this job is really an update for Paying Customers only. Membership no longer has its privileges...

I think if they want to make these quests that hard, they need to overhall the controls of the whole rqace car games. Make the controls mroe responsive then they currently are. I've played racing games alot, but this FR Race Kart is really too non responsive in its controlling. Not to mention the lag on the tracks that can drop you a few places back.


Final thoughts:

The update is nice to finally have something new to do in the game, but once again in typical fashion, they frustrate their players with something. In this case it happens to be the shear difficulty of the quests and seemingly being forced to purchase for real life $$ the upgrade in race kart to win and progress the job.

Anyways, here are the patch notes:

FEATURES:
Over 40 New Quests each for the Kart Driver and Derby Driver Jobs!

Two New Race Tracks:
Thunder Falls Speedway
Sandstone Speedway

Two Never Before Seen Car Models:
Slicer
Trio

18 New Karts available in the Station Cash Marketplace
CLASSIC custom karts starting at 400 SC
PRIME high performance karts starting at 550 SC
SUPREME upgraded karts starting at 700 SC

New Car Upgrades
Steering, engine, turbo, and tires are just some of the newest modifications available for your racing machine.
Mix and match until your car is revved up and ready to roll!

Your very own garage Store and tune up your rides as much as you'd like.
View multiple angles of your car with a new garage camera controller.
Access your garage by talking to certain mechanics near the speedways.

Hot New Racing Apparel

Thanks you for viewing my Blog, and check back daily for updates on Free Realms and Everquest.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know... I'm progressing pretty well through the quests... just got to the track near snowhill, going to start those tonight... Took me some time to get the handling on the car down, but once I knew what I was doing wasn't too hard to take first... Except in the domination... that one took me 10 tries to get my 3 1st places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I admit there is a bit of a learning curve to handeling the controls. and some of them I am having difficulty coming in better then 4th place....ugh!! Must keep trying tho :)

    ReplyDelete