Thursday, May 28, 2009

Free Realms observations

Free Realms is immensely popular right now. The numbers show the popularity is among younger players, but I know a few of us older gamers are logging in and enjoying it. Sort of. The Free aspect is great. I haven't paid a dime yet and still am enjoying the game. With the huge world and tons of quests I'm not finding the time to do everything I want, which is good. Very good. This equates to alot of content for free that the player base can explore in. But, the content gets stale very very quickly. The only really fun thing to do in the game is play the card game, race, and explore the world. Which is fine for a little while, but then it leaves you wanting more...
The fighting is very very redundant due to all the instances being cookie cutters of one another. More variety please. The mining and cooking puzzle games make my eyes bleed after about 5 mins of them. There are soo many more options they could implement in this area. Off the top of my head, a tetrus type game, old school space invaders type games, pac man type games. With the success of old school games, people would eat this up.
So, Im very excited about Free Realms reaching 2 mil. but if they want to keep them for more then 30 days, I think they need to implement more types of these mini games besides the connect 4 puzzles, add variety to the fighting instances, and make the item GUI more intuitive.

That's my rant for today, feel free to comment - agree/disagree...






Thanks you for viewing my Blog, and check back daily for updates on Free Realms and Everquest.

No comments:

Post a Comment